King (Chinook) salmon from NZ is often referred to as ‘the Champagne of Salmon’ and demanded around the world by top chefs for it’s full flavour, perfect texture and vibrant colour. The global salmon market is dominated by the common Atlantic salmon species so our King salmon is considered unique and therefore highly sought after around the globe.
- Recognised by Monterey Bay Seafood Watch as ‘Best Choice http://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/detail/905702294/salmon-chinook-net-pen-freshwater-new-zealand-oncorhynchus-tshawytscha?q=SALMON
- The independent Global Aquaculture Performance Index rates New Zealand’s fish farming industry as the world’s top environmental performer
- The Global Trust Certification Ltd also rated the New Zealand salmon industry as first class with one of the most robust environmental regulatory frameworks in the world
- Traced throughout it’s entire journey from ocean to plate
- A great deal of scientific analysis and planning goes into choosing the right site, and ensures a farm will have limited environmental impact